Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Wireless Networks Not Displayed [SOLVED]

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
EmanuelGO

Wireless Networks Not Displayed [SOLVED]

#1 Post by EmanuelGO »

I have a fresh install of Debian 5.04 Stable. It detects my wireless card with a RT61 chipset and gives me the option to select a wireless network through the network-manager icon in the upper panel, yet no wireless networks are displayed. So, how do I fix this and get the ability to connect to my network? I have tried connecting manually but it refuses to connect. No errors, it just does nothing and reverts to roaming mode.

I believe the exact model of my card is an Edimax EW 7128G. Thank you.
Last edited by EmanuelGO on 2010-02-22 04:33, edited 1 time in total.

EmanuelGO

Re: Wireless Networks Not Displayed

#2 Post by EmanuelGO »

Somebody told me I should be using Ubuntu. I am assuming they are correct. Well, it ends up I had to install the firmware for my card. Problem solved. Sorry for the waste of space.

Absent Minded

Re: Wireless Networks Not Displayed [SOLVED]

#3 Post by Absent Minded »

i a glad that you got your card working. To me, the fact that you managed to get you machine up and running on your own shows that you have the aptitude for Debian. I wouldn't let someone put you off from using Debian if you really want to. It has been my experience that the system is more stable and performs faster using Debian.

Anyway, that is just my 2 bits worth and experience.
To each their own.
Serving the community the best way I can.
Spreading the tradition of Community Spirit.
Please read some Basic Forum Philosophy
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish, he eats for life.
Updated Nov. 19, 2012