Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Experiment gone wrong - lost sound :(

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
lavi0007

Experiment gone wrong - lost sound :(

#1 Post by lavi0007 »

Hi all, jus need a help, i was tryin to install and configure pulseaudio, but hmm, everythin went wrong... is there anyway i can return to the default system settings of lenny .... please help me out thanx a ton in advance, there's one more query is there anyway in linux, that if such experiment goes wrong we can switch to default working settings...

Absent Minded

Re: Experiment gone wrong - lost sound :(

#2 Post by Absent Minded »

You have left out many details about your system, with out them it may be difficult to give you a clear and accurate answer. However, not knowing what all you installed you can try this and "hope" things go back to normal:
as root run:

Code: Select all

aptitude purge pulseaudio
Restart your sound system or reboot and see if it has corrected it's self.
Serving the community the best way I can.
Spreading the tradition of Community Spirit.
Please read some Basic Forum Philosophy
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish, he eats for life.
Updated Nov. 19, 2012

lavi0007

Re: Experiment gone wrong - lost sound :(

#3 Post by lavi0007 »

I'm sorry i posted earlier that its working. It isn't... i checked System->prefernces->sound n tested those sound i'm getting this error message...

Code: Select all

audiotestsrc wave=sine freq=512 ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! gconfaudiosink profile=chat: Failed to connect: Connection refused
I can only hear sounds from flash player ie. from sites. System sound, musicplayer none seems to be working