Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

spell check for evolution mail

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
james0

spell check for evolution mail

#1 Post by james0 »

Hi.. i have automatic spell check on for evolution mail.. but when i compose a new mail it does not work.. i tried google.. an most how to docs.. but none seem to have a answer.. can some one help please!

naeryandor

Re: spell check for evolution mail

#2 Post by naeryandor »

In Lenny, I added the "aspell-en" package so the spell checking in Evolution would work. That may work for you, as well.

P.S., I am assuming you want English as your language.

james0

#3 Post by james0 »

hi .. thanks for helping.. i installed aspell but still no luck.. spell check does not work.. do i need to add language to evolution mail? the box is empty...how do i add a language there??

naeryandor

#4 Post by naeryandor »

I have installed "aspell" and "aspell-en" on my machine. Do you have both packages installed?

james0

#5 Post by james0 »

Thank you all for your help.. i managed to get spell check working. had to install gnome-spell something.. cant remember now.