Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[sane] - share Epson scanner

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
breakzor

[sane] - share Epson scanner

#1 Post by breakzor »

hi everyone, i new here.. my name's bruno and im from Portugal..
So, i need some help here, the situation is that:

I have a debian server (squeezzy) amd 64, running with an epson BX-300f pluged to USB.
and i want to share the scanner over my network.. so let's do that...
Intalled sane, sane utils, iscan, wich i've downloaded from epson drivers and wich include epkowa drivers fro scanner to work..
after that i installed on my system (Ubuntu 9.10) xsane... on console i type:

root@bruno-laptop:/home/bruno# scanimage -L
*** glibc detected *** scanimage: free(): invalid pointer: 0x00be63d0 ***
WARNING: Unhandled message: interface=org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable, path=/, member=Introspect
device `v4l:/dev/video0' is a Noname HP Webcam virtual device
device `net:192.168.0.254:gt68xx:libusb:001:035' is a unknown manufacturer unknown device -- use override to select flatbed scanner
device `net:192.168.0.254:epkowa:usb:001:035' is a Epson Stylus BX300F/TX300F/NX300/ME Office 600F flatbed scanner
device `net:192.168.0.254:epkowa:usb:001:035' is a Epson Stylus BX300F/TX300F/NX300/ME Office 600F flatbed scanner

I dont konw why i find so much things, if i only have one scanner lol

then i opened xsane and found the scanner over network..
I chose the epson with epkowa drivers i try to scan something but it dont output nothing.. and sometimes it gives me "end of file reached"
Help please.. i can put whatever config files here if you want to, just ask.. :| please help me...

PS: One time it worked fine.. but only half of an image...

breakzor

Re: [sane] - share Epson scanner

#2 Post by breakzor »

anyone?? please.. :cry: