Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

First start and first problem.

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Hangwire

First start and first problem.

#1 Post by Hangwire »

Hello to all!
I've decided to try Debian Lenny, after i succefully installed it without any problems there appears to be a problem - after loading the services and etc, my monitor turns off with a floating message saying it cannot display the current resolution, and that i should set it to 1280x1024@60Hz.

Any ideas?

Absent Minded

Re: First start and first problem.

#2 Post by Absent Minded »

You "should" be able to press ctrl+alt+F1 and get a textual interface. You will need to edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf to set your resolution correctly for your monitor. I have also had "some" luck with just renaming xorg.conf to something else and restarting the X server.

There are various howto's to be found for configuring a working xorg. You will however need to find out what your monitor supports so you can add those values to xorg.conf.
Serving the community the best way I can.
Spreading the tradition of Community Spirit.
Please read some Basic Forum Philosophy
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish, he eats for life.
Updated Nov. 19, 2012