Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Mouse sensativity

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
wksmeditate

Mouse sensativity

#1 Post by wksmeditate »

I am running Debian Squeeze 32bit with gnome-core installed. When I alter the acceleration or sensitivity within the pointer speed section of gnome-mouse-properties, my mouse does not act differently. Has anyone else encountered this problem? How can I change my mouse sensitivity? I have installed Debian Lenny previously and I recall that I was capable of changing the sensitivity.

kanonmat

Re: Mouse sensativity

#2 Post by kanonmat »

I use xinput to keep the sensitivity down. Here is an excerpt from my ~/.xinitrc

Code: Select all

RAZERID=$(xinput --list | awk -F "=" '/Razer Razer 1600dpi Mouse/ {print $2}' | awk '{print $1}')
xinput --set-prop --type=float $RAZERID 245 4.000000 
#this line turns off Emulate3Buttons
xinput --set-prop --type=int $RAZERID 254 0
"xinput --list" lists the input devices. "xinput --list <insert number here>" shows the settings for a particular device. You can have different settings for different mice. I use awk to cut out the relevant info (from xinput --list) to identify this particular mouse, then store that in a variable I named RAZERID . "245" is the code for a sensitivity property (Constant Deceleration) and "4.0" is the value by which I want the original sensitivity to be divided.

I don't know what file(s) (if any) gdm/gnome reads when X starts. Maybe you can put a "mymousesens.desktop" script in the Autostart folder somewhere in .local/share/ ?

NEW EDIT-------------
Sorry, i was thinking about kde with that autostart thing. Use this folder: '~/.config/autostart/'
"Razer Razer 1600dpi Mouse" is from the output of "xinput --list"
phenomII965, gigabyte ma790xt-ud4p, 8600gt on desktop
hp 6910p laptop. athlon 3200+, asus an8e, 6600gt on spare desktop
sid user