Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Is Debian is right for Web Development and Designing

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
debil

Re: Is Debian is right for Web Development and Designing

#16 Post by debil »

Baseball Poetess wrote:I was going to stay out of this. I do web development with vim and a browser.
Same here. Initially, the method is usually slow and painful but the payoff is tremendous since you know your code inside out and don't have to deal with (and clean up) more or less bloated IDE-generated code.

Vim + browser + stuff from w3.org.
Q: Why is the Eunux kernel so bloated?
A: It was made in the image of its founder.

Telemachus

Re: Is Debian is right for Web Development and Designing

#17 Post by Telemachus »

Baseball Poetess wrote:I was going to stay out of this. I do web development with vim and a browser.
Vim, browsers (I check Chrome, Fireweasel and Safari if I'm on a Mac - I should check Opera, but I don't; don't care about IE), git (for source code control), terminal (for faking requests via curl and starting/stopping a local server) and coffee.
"We have not been faced with the need to satisfy someone else's requirements, and for this freedom we are grateful."
Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, The UNIX Time-Sharing System