Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

bash: make: command not found

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
hmazuji

Re: bash: make: command not found

#46 Post by hmazuji »

you did not reply directly to vbrummond, who pretty much spoonfed you the "answer"...
i think i did pretty good by going to synaptic package manager and installing autogen

still couldn't run it because vbrummond didn't spoon feed me the directory where autogen can be found.

root@debian:/home/lou/Downloads/cnijfilter-source-3.10# ./autogen.sh --program-suffix=pixmamx320
bash: ./autogen.sh: No such file or directory

let's start one step at a time. where and how and why do i run the autogen command ? where is the interpreter suppose to look for autogen ?

vbrummond

#47 Post by vbrummond »

Why are people mentioning me!?
Always on Debian Testing

hmazuji

#48 Post by hmazuji »

JohnDeere730 wrote:Methinks the OP is a wee bit confused.... :roll: ...
@hmazuji...wow, what else can I say....you can't run a program you haven't installed. Aptitude and apt-get are merely package (program) mangers that actually manage programs :shock: FYI, (programs are called packages in Linux-land). Both of the excellent suggestions offered to you will either install all the compiling tools, including make; (the build-essential package), suggested by Edbarx, whilst Debil's suggestion will only install the make program......

BTW, your snippy response to the two helpful gentlemen may be construed as a bit arrogant, but I am sure that was not your intention......

PS; do you have any faint idea of what you are actually attempting to do, or are you just a cut & paste commando?
it's not me, it's linux

i guess i'd have to say that i'm somewhere in between. the reason why i am snippy is because i don't like being a cut and paste commando
sorry about the delay in getting back to you. i just now upgraded my pc from a 4400+ to a 2700 (although the numbers are going down), and have a 4 boot pc with virtualbox on top of that. so right now, i'm a pretty happy camper. and i'm not running win 10, so i am very happy

hmazuji

#49 Post by hmazuji »

vbrummond wrote:Why are people mentioning me!?
we just want to make sure your're still around, that's all. seven years is a long time. anything could have happened

hmazuji

#50 Post by hmazuji »

hmazuji wrote:
you did not reply directly to vbrummond, who pretty much spoonfed you the "answer"...
i think i did pretty good by going to synaptic package manager and installing autogen
still couldn't run it because vbrummond didn't spoon feed me the directory where autogen can be found.
root@debian:/home/lou/Downloads/cnijfilter-source-3.10# ./autogen.sh --program-suffix=pixmamx320
bash: ./autogen.sh: No such file or directory
let's start one step at a time. where and how and why do i run the autogen command ? where is the interpreter suppose to look for autogen ?
so this is an update: i upgraded to a new pc just now, to a 2700, samsung m.2, gskill 16G. everything is running like greased lightning. i had some other issues, and now everything is ship shape and bristol fashion. thank God for new hardware. so i'm multibooting mint, debian, mx, and win 7. i still have my linux cdroms, but they're pretty much useless. i retired my old desktop to the electric heap at the landfill. it is the dawn of a new era

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#51 Post by sunrat »

7 years must be just about a record for zombie post resurrection! Congratulations on your new computer with less numbers. :mrgreen:
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!