Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

wifi doesn't work on gnome 2.30.2 backup

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
CleaveGodz

wifi doesn't work on gnome 2.30.2 backup

#1 Post by CleaveGodz »

Hello. I have a pretty big issue.

Today, my laptop running debian just bricked and I restored it with an old backup (debian GNU linux) and when I tried to enter to my wifi network (my ethernet port is broken) it just shows up "disconnected". I tried everything I can but being offline makes it impossible to install/update any drivers. I also connected a wifi adapter via-usb port but it also shows up as 'disconnected'

Any ideas?

dilberts_left_nut
Administrator
Administrator

Re: wifi doesn't work on gnome 2.30.2 backup

#2 Post by dilberts_left_nut »

AdrianTM wrote:There's no hacker in my grandma...

stevepusser

#3 Post by stevepusser »

A vital bit of information is whether that Squeeze backup was made on the same hardware and was working on it, and whether it's worth reinstalling that no longer maintained version (no, IMHO).
MX Linux packager and developer

TonyT

#4 Post by TonyT »

It's possible that you need firmware for the network adapters, which can be downloaded via another computer and copied to the laptop and then installed using dpkg -i package-name.deb.

If don't need firmware and not using Network Manager check /etc/network/interfaces and add your adapters there.
https://wiki.debian.org/NetworkConfiguration

Post the result of this command in a terminal:
lspci