Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Dual NIC/Networks

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
debianuser_3689

Dual NIC/Networks

#1 Post by debianuser_3689 »

Got probably a simple issue but I cannot figure out how to fix this so hopefully someone here can shed some light on what to fix?

I have a newly installed debian system that I am trying to configure it to work on 2 networks: eth0 is a local network of 10.0.0.10 and eth1 is for the internet which is 10.11.12.100. These were setup in gnome and it took a little bit to get everything talking but when I rebooted the system something odd happened. Eth0 was working and I was able to ping other devices on that network however eth1 did not. I had to disable eth0 and re-enable it which then eth1 started to work.

Any ideas as to what I need to change in a config somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any help!

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Dual NIC/Networks

#2 Post by CwF »

It may be easier to do it opposite. Eth0 seems assumed to be the internet, it should be possible either way.
Going with the grain define eth0 in /etc/network/interfaces.d/ as the internet one, and also eth1 as your intranet.
I use wicd and it leaves things alone, there is also 2 more left undefined. Any other fancy GUI I've tried just mucks things up.

p.H
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#3 Post by p.H »

Please post the full IP parameters for both interfaces : address, netmask or prefix length, gateway, DNS...
Also post the ping commands you issued and their output and the output of

Code: Select all

ip addr
ip route
cat /etc/resolv.conf
after booting when eth1 "does not work" and then after re-enabling it.

Head_on_a_Stick

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

debianuser_3689 wrote:Any ideas as to what I need to change in a config somewhere?
Which method are you using to connect?

Any clues in the systemd journal?

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/ ... stemd-logs
deadbang