Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Network Manager Configuration

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
tibibs

Network Manager Configuration

#1 Post by tibibs »

Hi,

I am really struggling to configure Network manager on my armbian single board computer and I would need your help.

I would need to configure it as an AP, and I actually managed to do it, and it was working flawlessly (the AP is isolated and not connected to the WAN).

Then today, I needed to connect it online to install some packages.
As I have all my connections config in different .nmconnection files, I have modified my AP config file with autoconnect =false and my client mode connection as autoconnect=true, then I rebooted.
After reboot, the device has never shown up in my router list. The connection file was working few months ago when I set it up.

then, I decided to accept my fate, and switch back to the original config (APconnection file with autoconnect, client connection file without autoconnect)
and then, at the reboot, the AP doesn't show up now.

Can someone help me to figure out what could have happened or help me to diagnose this?

below my AP conenction file as well as my networkmanager.conf

Code: Select all

[connection]
id=AP
uuid=1cfa65ae-cd8b-4d19-8d18-5ca935fc9d27
type=wifi
interface-name=wlan0
permissions=
autoconnect=true

[wifi]
band=bg
mac-address-blacklist=
mode=ap
ssid=PROJECTprototype

[wifi-security]
key-mgmt=wpa-psk
psk=password

[ipv4]
dns-search=
method=shared

[ipv6]
addr-gen-mode=stable-privacy
dns-search=
method=auto

[proxy]

Code: Select all

[main]
dns=dnsmasq
rc-manager=file
plugins=ifupdown,keyfile

[ifupdown]
managed=true

[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no
Thank you for your help,

Tibibs

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Network Manager Configuration

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Which version of Debian is this?
deadbang

reinob

Re: Network Manager Configuration

#3 Post by reinob »

Your best option is to check the logs (network manager should log whatever it does), as this is the best way of identifying whether something went wrong.

Other than that, I have no experience with network-manager (in the last few years anyway).

For such a task I would rather recommend you use hostapd for the AP and set-up your firewall to route/NAT from the AP zone (e.g. "wlan0") to the WAN zone (e.g. "eth0").