Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Sound re-mute itself every boot

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
gpetersz

Sound re-mute itself every boot

#1 Post by gpetersz »

Hi,

I am still a lamer. Now I have everything,... nearly.
I have network already, and now I have sound as well.

First I did not have any sound. So I've downloaded and installed ALSA. Nothing has changed.
(no errors seemingly, lspci shows that I have a soundcard). Now, at last, I tried to open alsamixer. I saw that all device-volume sliders were down and all was muted. I was
delighted, so I found the problem. I switched ON all (probably I won't need line/mic/PCM and all), and turned up the volume.

I had sound at once!

I rebooted, and the sound went away. I could open the alsamixer again. Switch on all and so.
It happens again and again. I exit the alsamixer with Esc (though I haven't found anything in the help (F1)).

Any idea?
Experience the Beauty of the Beast at
http://www.beautyofbeast.com

pigah

#2 Post by pigah »

edit the file /etc/default/alsa so that the line:

Code: Select all

alsactl_store_on_shutdown="always autosave"
appears

gpetersz

#3 Post by gpetersz »

Thanks!

Seemingly it solved the problem. It was "never autosave", and I changed it.
Now I always have sound!
Experience the Beauty of the Beast at
http://www.beautyofbeast.com

sensovision

#4 Post by sensovision »

seems that your problem is already solved, but just in case if someone had similar problem you can just do dpkg-reconfigure alsa-base and it would let you to change your settings.
Denis