Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to use nvidia drive , blacklist nouveau?

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
joeho2016

How to use nvidia drive , blacklist nouveau?

#1 Post by joeho2016 »

Hi ,

I installed nvidia drive and saw the wiki or forums seach about blacklist nouveau data , but i am not work !
how to do it ? :?:

i blacklist nouveau restart x , can't go to gnome , black screen

milomak

Re: How to use nvidia drive , blacklist nouveau?

#2 Post by milomak »

did you download the driver from the nvidia site? an file that ends in sh?

or did you use apt-get/aptitude?
Desktop: A320M-A PRO MAX, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, GALAX GeForce RTX™ 2060 Super EX (1-Click OC) - Sid, Win10, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Solus
Laptop: hp 250 G8 i3 11th Gen - Sid
Kodi: AMD Athlon 5150 APU w/Radeon HD 8400 - Sid

joeho2016

#3 Post by joeho2016 »

i use apt-get aptitude

my black screen show
[drm] nouveau 0000:01:00.0: no native mode, forcing panel scaling

mawrick

#4 Post by mawrick »

joeho2016 wrote:i use apt-get aptitude

my black screen show
[drm] nouveau 0000:01:00.0: no native mode, forcing panel scaling
What system are you on (what gfx card), and have you followed the Debian wiki https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers

Also are you on 64bit wheezy/jessie or ?.

I'v been troubleshooting much in regards to nvidia the last few days, so had my share of problems....lol...:)

The first thing you can do is to check if you have access to the terminal by doing "ctrl+alt+F1" when you have black screen (wait until the system have had time to "load" before issuing the command).

Second thing you can do is when GRUB loads up press "E" and edit the command line that says "linux.....something", it probably ends with "Quiet" - put in "nomodeset" just in front of "Quiet" and press CTRL+X to boot.

You can also try "nouveau.nomodeset=0" instead (without quotes on both ofcourse).

regards