Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Power management not working, no notifications/auto shutdown

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
nickmdowson

Power management not working, no notifications/auto shutdown

#1 Post by nickmdowson »

Hi,
I recently installed Debian Jessie, and am using the KDE desktop. I've been having some problems with power management; my laptop is not notifying me or automatically shutting down / suspending / hibernating on low power.

At first, I thought this was because I hadn't set it to do so, but I checked, and notifications are one, critical level set to 7% of battery, and per activity settings are disabled. It's also set through KDE Advanced Power Management Settings to automatically shutdown at the critical level.

However, it isn't doing that; several times it hasn't shutdown until it getst to 0%, and obviously by that point the switch off is unclean and might well lose me data... I'm hoping it hasn't already.

The widget in my taskbar which shows me how much battery power I have seems to be working fine (it shows %, when I'm charging, and so on). I haven't tried to see if power management works in another desktop... but it seems that my installation does have an idea of what's happening with battery and power since the widget seems to be working fine...

Any ideas for how to fix this or work out what's going on?
Cheers

nickmdowson

Re: Power management not working, no notifications/auto shut

#2 Post by nickmdowson »

KDE Forum discussion about this here: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 54#p337354 - With several workarounds for it.

Debian bug about this is here: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo ... bug=769155

Thanks.