Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Can't start xen VM

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
jnojr

Can't start xen VM

#1 Post by jnojr »

Debian 8 "Jessie". I'm very new to both Debian and xen

I could not get den-create-image to see my apt repo, so I created an image of the host VM and am trying to start it with 'sudo xl -v create /etc/xen/test.cfg -C' It bombs out with:

domainbuilder: detail: xc_dom_kernel_file: filename="/boot/vmlinuz-3.16.0-4-amd64"
xc: error: panic: xc_dom_core.c:208: failed to open file: No such file or directory: Internal error

It claims to not be able to see the initrd as well. Both files exist, there is no typo, and the files are world readable. Why would it not be able to see them? My first thought was it was a screwy error about a non-den kernel (I did install xen-linux-system and don't see anything else relevant, so not sure what I'd need to do if this isn't a xen kernel)