Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

decrypt a luks volume with a keyfile on boot from grub

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Daklon

decrypt a luks volume with a keyfile on boot from grub

#1 Post by Daklon »

Hi, i have install a debian jessie in my laptop, i create a lvm volume with /, /home, etc and a /boot partition outside. the i move this partition to the lvm volume and boot from it, everything it´s okay and it works.

The problema is that wen boot it ask me the passprase to load grub, and then, when grub loads the kernel, it ask me again the passprase.

I read that i can pass a key file to the initramfs to solve this, but where i see it, he uses mkinitcpio, and i can´´t find this package in the debian repos, it an arch package, also i tried this option http://askubuntu.com/questions/59487/ho ... -partition

But it askin me the passprase 3 times, and the third fails, the sistem starts, but i read the fail in the log.

anybody could help me? thanks

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: decrypt a luks volume with a keyfile on boot from grub

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Code: Select all

man dracut
deadbang