Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Varnish are not able to run on non default port

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
pascal7

Varnish are not able to run on non default port

#1 Post by pascal7 »

On this moment i build an webenvironment with wordpress, apache2, debian 8. On this moment i try to impelement Varnish.
By default this application use the port 6081. I try to put apache on port 8080. This already works but i get varnish not running on port 80.
You can see below that varnish still listen to the default port 6081. How can i fix this?

Code: Select all

root@webI:/home/beheerder# netstat -lpt
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN      2917/sshd
tcp        0      0 *:6081                  *:*                     LISTEN      3717/varnishd
tcp        0      0 localhost:6082          *:*                     LISTEN      3699/varnishd
tcp        0      0 localhost:mysql         *:*                     LISTEN      913/mysqld
tcp6       0      0 [::]:http-alt           [::]:*                  LISTEN      3628/apache2
tcp6       0      0 [::]:ftp                [::]:*                  LISTEN      433/vsftpd
tcp6       0      0 [::]:ssh                [::]:*                  LISTEN      2917/sshd
tcp6       0      0 [::]:6081               [::]:*                  LISTEN      3717/varnishd
tcp6       0      0 localhost:6082          [::]:*                  LISTEN      3699/varnishd
To test another port i have also try to start Varnish on port 85.

vim /etc/default/varnish
DAEMON_OPTS="-a :85 \
             -T localhost:6082 \
             -f /etc/varnish/default.vcl \
             -S /etc/varnish/secret \
             -s malloc,256m"
I have restart the apache and varnish services. I have also rebooted the server but varnish will not listen on port 80 (or other non default ports).
On port 6081 the application works fine. But how can i fix this :? ?
Source Varnish port 80
I can use the application with the following command

varnishd -f /etc/varnish/default.vcl -a 0.0.0.0:80
But why is this not working with the normal config file. Varnish are than listen to port 80.
With every server reboot i need than to run this command. So i would like to use the config file.