Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

WYSIWYG editor for Elog not working in Jessie

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
snack

WYSIWYG editor for Elog not working in Jessie

#1 Post by snack »

I installed elog 2.9.2+2014.05.11git44800a72 on my Jessie system. When entering a new post just a simple plain text editing box is shown instead of the WYSIWYG editor, and no drag and drop area for attachments is shown. When I start the elog service with "systemctl start elog" I get this suspect message in the journal: "FCKedit NOT detected". Indeed, I see that the elog installation creates a symlink which I guess is supposed to point to the fckeditor installation, which nevertheless is missing:

Code: Select all

root@static-3-080:/usr/share/elog/scripts# ll fckeditor 
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Oct 25  2014 fckeditor -> ../../fckeditor
root@static-3-080:/usr/share/elog/scripts# ll ../../fckeditor
ls: cannot access ../../fckeditor: No such file or directory
I installed ckeditor 4.4.4+dfsg1-3 but his did not fix the problem. I'd say that either the elog package is broken or that it misses a dependency on a package providing FCKedit. Or maybe my system is misconfigured? Can anyone help me?
Thanks.