Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[ok] Files on NFS mount seem to be corrupt, but they are not

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
lebenskuenstler

[ok] Files on NFS mount seem to be corrupt, but they are not

#1 Post by lebenskuenstler »

Hello,

I set up nfs-kernel-server on jessie. I used the most simple setup in /etc/exports:

Code: Select all

/home/lk	tower(rw,sync,no_subtree_check) dell(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
Both machines tower and dell are defined in /etc/hosts.

I can mount the nfs on both tower and dell (both jessie, too), but many files I try to access seem to be corrupt. I do not see a pattern, which I can access remotely and which not. Checking those files (i.e. txt-files and archives) on the nfs-server (in a ssh-session) locally there all ok. I also tried to copy them to my client first, without success.

I appreciaty any insights.

EDIT: I also tried connecting the server directly to my wlan router (has only 100mbit, before connected via 1gb switch) and using tcp instead of udp to rule out any connectivity problems. No effect.

EDIT2: Problem was caused by faulty network driver from Realtek. Reverted back to kernel's upstream version and problem is gone.
For others investigated that kind of nfs problem: look for wsize and ksize options of nfs mount and dry tcp instead of udp.

Thanks,

LK