Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to send 'make' equivalents to make-kpkg?

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Güy

How to send 'make' equivalents to make-kpkg?

#1 Post by Güy »

I build and use a custom kernel, and use the nvidia driver. This is on debian stretch.

By default, I build the image and headers packages with this line:

CONCURRENCY_LEVEL=8 nice -n19 ionice -c3 fakeroot make-kpkg --initrd --append-to-version=-something --revision=1 kernel_image kernel_headers

These kernel sources are usually the sources from debian, with a couple of more patches that I add. It appears that for nvidia-driver package versions higher than 352.79-1, the kernel headers/sources need to be prepared with 'make prepare' and 'make prepare scripts'. It's that simple. I concluded this after the nvidia dkms build failed on my custom kernel, but then succeeded after I pointed it to the full sources, but only after running 'make prepare' and 'make prepare scripts' on them. The problem is that this make-kpkg scheme doesn't appear to do this, or if it does, it doesn't properly include in the headers everything that it should. So, how can I get it to do this?