Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

OpenVPN DNS Client Issues

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
t_l

OpenVPN DNS Client Issues

#1 Post by t_l »

Hello,

I'm having problems with OpenVPN on my debian client.

I've installed resolveconf, im using "script-security 2", "up /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf" and "down /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf" in my .ovpn file.

When I connect to the openvpn server i use "sudo openvpn --script-security 2 --config /etc/openvpn/client.conf" (This guide has helped me alot https://wiki.debian.org/openvpn%20for%2 ... d%20client).

I connect to the OpenVPN server, connection works fine and I have internet.

I've tested the connection for DNS leaks, and everything seems fine, however when I cat /etc/resolv.conf I can still see the local dns server and the DNS server which was pushed from the OpenVPN server.

Is there some way to remove all prior DNS servers from resolv, and only use the DNS servers which is pushed from the OpenVPN server when connecting?? - rly sorry for the loooong text..