Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Mouse & XKB configuration problem

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
mark_667

Mouse & XKB configuration problem

#1 Post by mark_667 »

I get the following error on boot: 'error activating xkb configuration' and my mouse keeps jumping all over the screen unexpectedly, but apart from that seems to work OK.

Also, this may sound dumb, but I can't find how to access the control panels or a configuration manager anywhere except to alter the window themes. Also, how can I put a folder on the desktop that will allow me access to my home directory and the rest of the disk structure? I wanted to check the disk usage, so from the command line I tried: ls /mnt and /mnt but neither of them worked. :shock:

please help!

#2 Post by Guest »

to stop the mouse jumping around you need to edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

go to the mouse section and change the values of protocol and device to the correct values

(you can look at the X config from a knoppix boot to get the correct values, there must be a better way to do this, i'm a noob too btw)

and you can't ls /mnt as your not root, i think