Basic Question About Keyboards [Solved]

Kernels & Hardware, configuring network, installing services

Basic Question About Keyboards [Solved]

Postby larry77 » 2016-11-09 21:57

Dear All,
Due to space constraints on my cluttered desk, I would like to buy a smaller (fewer keys) keyboard.
In particular, I would like to give a shot to some cheap mechanical keyboard such as

http://amzn.to/2fDdKAG

My question is the following: will I experience any problem with this "short" keyboard in Debian, or should I expect it to be plug and play?
Seen that my place is a sort of Babel when it comes to languages, can I deploy also a layout different from the British / America one on this keyboard?
To be fair, I expect the answers to my questions to be some solid yes, but...better be on the safe side.
Cheers

larry77
Last edited by larry77 on 2017-03-10 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
larry77

Re: Basic Question About Keyboards

Postby alan stone » 2016-11-10 13:27

You might get a solid answer to your questions by following the link on the product page which says "Sold by VicTop and Fulfilled by Amazon." then looking for the "Contact the seller" link. :shock:
Debian 8.9 32bit, WM: Openbox
Human beings are works in progress that mistakenly think they are finished. - Dan Gilbert
In every undertaking, the more humans try to be demi-gods, the more they become half-monsters. – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
alan stone

Postby No_windows » 2016-11-10 18:54

alan stone wrote:You might get a solid answer to your questions by following the link on the product page which says "Sold by VicTop and Fulfilled by Amazon." then looking for the "Contact the seller" link. :shock:

You really expect a seller to know anything about Debian or Linux in general?
No_windows

Postby debiman » 2016-11-11 07:12

larry77:
yes to both questions.
debiman

Postby alan stone » 2016-11-11 10:41

No_windows wrote:You really expect a seller to know anything about Debian or Linux in general?

You really expect this question to be answered without first asking the seller?

If so... how about asking Santa Claus? :wink:
Debian 8.9 32bit, WM: Openbox
Human beings are works in progress that mistakenly think they are finished. - Dan Gilbert
In every undertaking, the more humans try to be demi-gods, the more they become half-monsters. – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
alan stone

Postby dasein » 2016-11-12 01:17

Ironically, the seller has already answered the question of Linux compatibility for this specific keyboard, rendering this entire thread totally pointless. Requiring nothing more demanding than a mouse click, said answer took <20 seconds to find, and didn't even require a quick trip to Google.

The root problem here is that the OP has a long history of refusing to do even simple things like mouse-clicks to answer his questions. He would much rather waste others' time by posting pointless forum threads.

Since the OP can't be bothered to so much as click a link to get an answer to his current question, it seems totally pointless to post a second link to the exact same answer.

[/thread]
dasein

Postby larry77 » 2017-03-10 15:58

Ollallà somebody is getting resentful.
Only after I asked on amazon, the seller published this info.
In any case, point taken that I should have started by asking the seller.
larry77

Return to System configuration