Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Samba 4.1.23 Logon Scripts

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
rootanthraxr

Samba 4.1.23 Logon Scripts

#1 Post by rootanthraxr »

Hello,

I used Debian in order to create a domain controller. It works very good, I configured properly Samba and Kerberos, I can join other PCs using Windows to my domain controller from Debian, everything works perfectly. The only problem is that I don't really get it how I am supposed to set the logon scripts for windows to run on these PCs with Windows. I tried to add .bat files to /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/domain.controller.name.com/scripts, but got no succes..
I have found something on the Internet saying that i should add the following line to smb.conf in [global]

Code: Select all

logon script = scripts\%m.bat
My smb.conf contain the following lines:

Code: Select all

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = DOMAIN-NAME
        realm = domain-controller.name.com
        netbios name = DC2
        server role = active directory domain controller
        dns forwarder = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

logon script = scripts\%m.bat

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/domain-controller.name.com/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
        read only = No

[users]
        directory_mode: parameter = 0700
        read only = no
        path = /Users
        csc policy = documents
Usually I struggle myself in searching on internet.. but this time I got no success.. Seems like people don't really tend to use a linux server as domain controller for windows.. Thank you in advice!