Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian Kernel Config

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
DebbyIan

Debian Kernel Config

#1 Post by DebbyIan »

I've enlisted the use of the Debian Kernel Config. In the Kernel Hacking section the Kernel Debugging option appears to be permanently enabled. I wish to turn this option off. I am unable to do so despite having switched off all other debugging options in the Kernel Hacking section.

It would seem there is dependency in some other section of the config. Does anyone know what these other options are?

stevepusser

Re: Debian Kernel Config

#2 Post by stevepusser »

How are you managing the configuration? If you have libqt4-dev installed, you should be able to run

Code: Select all

make xconfig
and build a GUI for the configuration that will be able to disable and enable options depending on what others are enabled.
MX Linux packager and developer

DebbyIan

Re: Debian Kernel Config

#3 Post by DebbyIan »

Hi Steve,

I'm using menuconfig. The Debian config has the Kernel Debugging locked. I can't tell what the dependency is even in xconfig.