Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Bluetooth's turned on but isn't scanning

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
serpastorg

Bluetooth's turned on but isn't scanning

#1 Post by serpastorg »

One of the rules of this kind of forums is that if you have another question different than the original one, you must make another thread.
My former question was Bluetooth started in systemctl but no adapters found (http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 92#p637292), and it was almost solved. The problem I had was a firmware one. After updating firmware to the one from backports, Jessie recognized my laptop's bluetooth device...
But there's another problem, that is related to, but is not the same...

I've searched for this problem, and there's a lot of threads asking the same thing on the Internet. The only difference is that those threads were for another distros, and they were from 2012, 2013 and before :roll: . There's nothing even from 2016, and 4.8 kernel (the one I have) is more updated...

Some people said booting Windows solved their problem for a strange reason... It didn't work for me.

On the Internet, there's a lot of unsolved threads about this reason.
One order the PC to scan for Bluetooth devices (such as smartphones, keyboards, TVs, headphones, etc) and it doesn't do that.
It times out searching for other devices (and they are visible),

Code: Select all

root@roberto:/home/sergio# hcitool scan
Scanning ...
Inquiry failed: Connection timed out

Code: Select all

sergio@roberto:~$ bluetoothctl
[NEW] Controller C8:FF:28:C4:5F:98 roberto [default]
[bluetooth]# scan on
Discovery started
[bluetooth]# quit
[DEL] Controller C8:FF:28:C4:5F:98 roberto [default]