Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Exim4 SPF ipv6 OVH

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
pvincent

Exim4 SPF ipv6 OVH

#1 Post by pvincent »

I've struggled for a while configuring exim4 with Internet access through a dedicated (OVH) server.
Finally I succeeded, thus I post this message to help other people...

After dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config => Internet, I try sending an email to my gmail account.
It fails. The failure complains about 'SPF ipv6 PTR record' not recognized by Gmail.
I guess this is an OVH issue cause this provider does return a correct PTR record for my ipv4 address but not for the IPv6 address.

So, the solution is to force exim4 to send through IPv4 only.
But that's not so easy, because by default Exim4 tries IPv6, even if you configure for an only one IP address like '0.0.0.0'.
To force IPv4 only, just edit the file '/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template', insert on top :
disable_ipv6 = true
Do not edit '/etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf', cause it won't take account this variable !

Then,

Code: Select all

update-exim4.conf && service exim4 restart
exim -bP disable_ipv6 # to verify configuration
# => disable_ipv6