Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Strech 64bit+LXDE: Openvpn gui

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
GabrieleMax

Strech 64bit+LXDE: Openvpn gui

#1 Post by GabrieleMax »

Hello everybody! :)

Usually I got KDE and here by kde-network-manager I can use openvpn by graphic mode, on a old Sony Vaio VPCM11M1E I need to use LXDE, in this dm there's wicd but it doesn't manage openvpn, how can I add a graphic feature there or maybe is there a third parties software which can do it?

Maybe for the laptop's user I could make a bash script, something like "Start vpn" and "Stop vpn" by sudo because he need to use just one vpn but I think it's something dirty! :)

I tryed to search on internet but really I didn't find something useful, I don't remember if I found a guy who used a part of network manager but I don't remember it and maybe it could be an issue and something wrong with wicd...

Regards.
GabrieleMax

bw123

Re: Strech 64bit+LXDE: Openvpn gui

#2 Post by bw123 »

I don't use any dirty vpn, but if networkmanager has the features you want, why can't you just use it instead?

I am pretty sure you can use networkmanager on lxde if you get rid of wicd first.
resigned by AI ChatGPT