Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

nspawn: "failed to set invocation ID on control group"

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
OlafLostViking

nspawn: "failed to set invocation ID on control group"

#1 Post by OlafLostViking »

Hi,

I've set up a new stretch based host with deboostrap and built some containers for systemd-nspawn, again with bootstrap.
  • Kernel: 4.9.0-2
  • Systemd: 232-22
In the journal of the guest I now get lots and lots of messages about failing to set control group attributes:
journalctl -Mcontainer | grep -i failed wrote: systemd[1]: systemd-journal-flush.service: Failed to set invocation ID on control group /system.slice/systemd-journal-flush.service, ignoring: Operation not permitted
systemd[1]: systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service: Failed to set (...)
systemd[1]: systemd-journal-flush.service: Failed to set (...)
systemd-tmpfiles[20]: Failed to adjust quota for subvolume "/home": Operation not permitted
systemd-tmpfiles[20]: Failed to adjust quota for subvolume "/srv": Operation not permitted
systemd-tmpfiles[20]: Failed to adjust quota for subvolume "/var/lib/machines": Operation not permitted
systemd[1]: Failed to start Create Volatile Files and Directories.
systemd[1]: systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service: Unit entered failed state.
systemd[1]: systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
systemd[1]: systemd-update-utmp.service: Failed to set (...)
systemd[1]: systemd-user-sessions.service: Failed to set (...)
systemd[1]: systemd-resolved.service: Failed to set (...)
systemd[1]: dbus.service: Failed to set (...)
systemd[1]: systemd-logind.service: Failed to set (...)
systemd[1]: systemd-update-utmp.service: Failed to set (...)
systemd[1]: console-getty.service: Failed to set (...)
systemd[1]: systemd-user-sessions.service: Failed to set (...)
systemd[1]: systemd-update-utmp-runlevel.service: Failed to set (...)
systemd[1]: system-container\x2dgetty.slice: Failed to set (...)
systemd[1]: container-getty@0.service: Failed to set (...)
systemd[1]: cron-update.service: Failed to set (...)
(...)
systemd[1]: cron-sysstat-root-0.service: Failed to set invocation ID on control group /system.slice/cron-sysstat-root-0.service, ignoring: Operation not permitted
systemd[1]: Starting [Cron] "5-55/10 * * * * root command -v debian-sa1 > /dev/null && debian-sa1 1 1"...
systemd[1]: Started [Cron] "5-55/10 * * * * root command -v debian-sa1 > /dev/null && debian-sa1 1 1".
Really annoying is especially the last mentioned cron entry, as that spams my journal every ten minutes.

What can be the reason for that? And how to fix it? Thanks!