Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Bluetooth connection issue

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
AnkyB

Bluetooth connection issue

#1 Post by AnkyB »

Hi,

I have installed new Debian jessie 8.7 on my laptop, I am trying to connect my phone with bluetooth. I am using Bluetooth usb. Laptop detects usb bluetooth and try to search available devices . Bluetooth module detects and pairs with available devices properly even it connects with those devices but this connection is lost within 2-3 secs. and it shows disconnected.
I tried different settings or commands I could get related to bluetooth settings but performance is same.
I have installed packages of bluez,pulse-audio,gnome-bluetooth manger.

Can anyone help me, how can I resolve this issue?\

Thank you in advance
Anky

FreewheelinFrank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bluetooth connection issue

#2 Post by FreewheelinFrank »

This is normal behaviour for Bluetooth- it doesn't stay connected unless Bluetooth is transferring something.

However, Bluetooth file transfer (which is what I assume you are trying to do) was broken in Jessie.

What desktop environment are you using? In Stretch file transfer only seems to work with the Bluetooth settings window open. Maybe try that and see if it is the same in Jessie.

The Gnome Bluetooth page isn't much help as it hasn't been updated since Gnome 2.

EDIT: Correction: removed reference to Bluetooth being fixed in Jessie- I was thinking about update notifications.