Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

STRIX Gaming laptop Intel HD 630 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
dirkme

Re: STRIX Gaming laptop Intel HD 630 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10

#16 Post by dirkme »

Right now it seems to be OK, I guess the last re-installl must have fixed it.

I just have to figure out how to get world of tanks running.

stevepusser

#17 Post by stevepusser »

Have you tried starting it from the command line--anything weird happen with primusrun?
MX Linux packager and developer

dirkme

#18 Post by dirkme »

stevepusser wrote:Have you tried starting it from the command line--anything weird happen with primusrun?
Debian ran nice, but after installing bumblebee I had often a freezing start.

After that, I thought I try Arch and it nuked my winw.dows 10 mall and spyware OS, which I only use for gaming, for those games not working on Linux.

However, Windows 10 is sluggish and Micro$oft does what they want with your computer and data, so it can not hold any data except games, not even internet browsing.

Back to Debian, I would still love to get my Debian back on, but bumblebee is giving me a hard time and even though I activated mutli arch i386, Playonlinux still installs Wine 64bit and world of tanks doesn't want to start, even though you create a wine prefix of 32 bit.

But... I reinstalled the mall and spyware OS, and will reinstall Debian stretch again, and will see how it goes this time.

dirkme

#19 Post by dirkme »

After many installations and tests, I can confirm that bumblebee does not work as intended on Debian stretch and it is incapable of running the Nvidia Graphic card.

Also, unlike in xubuntu, I can not install just the Nvidia driver on Debian stretch as it doesn't recognize the Nvidia Card.

What a shame, i really loved Debian and specially Stretch.

csabix

#20 Post by csabix »

Looks like I'm not the only one who failed with dual graphics.
My issue is with Debian Jessie. Neither did the official nVidia driver install correctly.
Regarding Stretch, after installing it with KDE, it dies at login. It happens with Asus F550VX laptop.