Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Stretch, LXDE and xrdp

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
eiopago47

Stretch, LXDE and xrdp

#1 Post by eiopago47 »

Hi,

This was working absolutely fine until I upgraded to Stretch. All 20 people in my office could remote desktop (throught Xvnc) to Debian Jessie error free.
Since the upgrade last night, after each clean reboot, the 1st user that logs in does not get any error but any other user after that gets:

GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: User of caller and user of subject differs.

I have googled this quite a lot and it looks like it's a problem with lxde (lxsession maybe?)
As i read in some forums, checking LXPolKit and and disabling polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1in Preferences/Desktop Session Settings
should fix it but is does not (even because it was already set like this by default).

Obviously, a consequence of this is that users cannot restart or shutdown the server from the gui because the root password prompt doesn't come up.

I wonder if there's more that I could try before I send a bug report.

Thanks

phenest

Re: Stretch, LXDE and xrdp

#2 Post by phenest »

What about the reverse? Enable in Gnome and disable in LXDE?
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D

phenest

#3 Post by phenest »

Also, are you only running LXDE?

eiopago47

#4 Post by eiopago47 »

I tried the reverse and it still does not work.
Anyway, it seems that lxde need its own PolKit.

To answer the second question, I'm only running lxde.

I have tried with a fresh install of Mate on a different server with only 2 users and that works fine.
It really is a problem with lxde

phenest

#5 Post by phenest »

I'm not sure if it's a problem with LXDE, because if you don't have Gnome installed why is the Gnome polkit installed? Can you remove the Gnome polkit?