Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

multimedia keyboard with stretch

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
morgon

multimedia keyboard with stretch

#1 Post by morgon »

Hi,

I am setting up a new stretch-system and it's surprisingly hard to get back all the behavior I am used to.

I have a "multimedia keyboard" (it that is the right term) that has some extra buttons for volume up, volume down, pause etc.

In my last installation I did not do anything these buttons just worked and controlled pulseaudio volume.

Not anymore.

When I press e.g. "volume up" I get a graphical indication with a volume bar that is going up (as before), but (and this is new) this is all I get. The slider in the GUI goes up, but the actual sound does not change a bit.

So what kind of goat do I have to sacrifice to make these buttons work again?

Many thanks!

EDIT:
I have 6 keys. Vol up, down, mute, stop/play foward, backward. The stop/play forward and backward buttons work, only the volume-related buttons do not actually change the volume. I suppose it is to do with pulseaudio.