Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Wifi issues on a Macbook Pro 11.1

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
princebee

Wifi issues on a Macbook Pro 11.1

#1 Post by princebee »

I'm currently having issues with the broadcom-sta-dkms drivers on my Macbook. I used Keryx to download all the packages and their dependencies on another computer, and installed them using "dpkg -i *.deb" while in the correct directory. I then followed the instructions here to try and connect to my home wifi, but the iwconfig command returned with "no wireless connections". I'm not really sure where to move forward from here, because the solutions I found on Google were all for slightly different issues.

orythem27

Re: Wifi issues on a Macbook Pro 11.1

#2 Post by orythem27 »

princebee wrote:and installed them using "dpkg -i *.deb"
While installing these packages, you need to watch carefully if the modules are built correctly. If not sure, purge these packages and install them again, watch carefully during installation.
princebee wrote:but the iwconfig command returned with "no wireless connections".
Please post the output of the following commands

Code: Select all

uname -a
cat /etc/issue
lspci -knn | grep -iA2 net
sudo modprobe -r wl; sudo modprobe wl
sudo iwconfig