Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

No sound after installation of Debian 9 (SOLVED ITSELF)

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Vitek

No sound after installation of Debian 9 (SOLVED ITSELF)

#1 Post by Vitek »

Hi everybody, i need your help. I am newbie, installed Debian 9 about some days ago and I really tried my best to google my problem.

Sound does not work at all. I have dualboot with Windows, so on my windows 10 there is no problem with sound. I tried updating alsa, unmuting everything in alsamixer, different options in pavucontrol and many other things I found on different forums.

The sound in system does not work bad, sound card is recognized, I have that icon there, when I play something I see that it does something in Pavucontrol, but no sound comes out of it, headphones are same.

Weird thing is, that sound already worked in Debian 9 before, but I had to do complete new instalation because of booting bug (Grub didn't see Windows).

Thank you for any help!

Some info:
Laptop Asus X555U, Intel Core i5 6200U Skylake, 64-bit, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 940M 2GB
Audio device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio (rev 21)
Last edited by Vitek on 2017-07-22 14:12, edited 1 time in total.

Vitek

Re: No sound after installation of Debian 9

#2 Post by Vitek »

It suddenly started working with no reason. It made very loud noise and it works after rebooting too. Any idea what the hell it was? :shock: :shock: :shock:

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: No sound after installation of Debian 9

#3 Post by None1975 »

Vitek wrote: It made very loud noise and it works after rebooting too. Any idea what the hell it was? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Hardware problems?
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github