Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Nouveau drivers getting my pc to freeze, had to install non-

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Vini

Nouveau drivers getting my pc to freeze, had to install non-

#1 Post by Vini »

My main goal with Debian is to go 100% open source, but now my (sand) castle has just been kicked and colapsed. I've done my homework and troubleshooted every piece of hardware on my pc and it's not hardware, also done several fresh stable stretch both 32 and 64 bits installs, to no avail.

My pc only stopped freezing randomly when I installed closed source NVIDIA drivers. It worked fine on 8.8 without them, but since I hopped on debian 9 it started with that odd occurrence.

Ubuntu and windows are working just fine on this machine and every piece of hardware passed stress testings.

Is there something I can do to still use nouveau or another driver without having to install closed source stuff ?

kedaha

Re: Nouveau drivers getting my pc to freeze, had to install

#2 Post by kedaha »

Vini wrote:My main goal with Debian is to go 100% open source...
Very commendable!
Vini wrote:Is there something I can do to still use nouveau or another driver without having to install closed source stuff ?
It's a bit difficult for folks around here to suggest anything without details of your hardware and logs.
DebianStable

Code: Select all

$ vrms

No non-free or contrib packages installed on debian!  rms would be proud.