Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

delay the start of a service until LACP negotiation is compl

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
jratliff

delay the start of a service until LACP negotiation is compl

#1 Post by jratliff »

I need two services to wait until the network is fully up before I start them. In Jessie, I made an rc.local script that pinged google 20 times until it got a response. After that, it started the services. This seemed to work great. I upgraded one of the systems to stretch, and the script stopped working; or at least, I thought it did. Turns out, it just takes longer under stretch than it did under Jessie (not sure why). Now I need to do 30 pings to make sure it’s okay.

I’d like a better option. I tried delaying the services until network-online.target, but this doesn’t really seem to work.

I have a 4 port LAGG (LACP / bond-mode 4) interface named bond0. It seems to take about 45 seconds after the links come up to negotiate with the switch. However, as soon as the network gets link active signals on the individual links, it seems to think the network is up and starts the services too soon. Is there something I can do to verify the LACP negotiation is complete before starting some of my services?

Thanks.