Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian 8 software raid clonezilla

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
gaijin

Debian 8 software raid clonezilla

#1 Post by gaijin »

hello
I have a server with software raid 1 with two disks.
Everything worked fine but I wanted to make a disk image.
I started clonezilla at nodmraid (because raid) and I made a RAW image. All was OK - image restored completly. The disk was not big (80GB) and the picture did not quite big (20GB) and the creation took 5h

I tried the same thing on a server with 1TB disks and here came the problem. The image was supposed to do 30h a and began to grow terribly while creating, even though it was then on a server with 10GB of data. The server has 3 partitions /(sda1), home(sda5) and swap(sda6)
I thought I would write a partition image

Code: Select all

Sfdisk -d / dev / sda> sda.partition.table.2017.txt
I copy the data from sda5 (8GB) and I will make clonezilla the system image /(sda1).
Unfortunately I tested on a virtualbox and did not want to work. I use partition image, saves data to sda5 and the system does not start.

Does anyone see a solution to make an image but not take up a lot of space, of course except to synchronize data with another drive on the operating system? I just want a copy of the operating system. Copies of data I do regularly.
Thanks.