Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Failed to Raise network interfaces

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
jdgr00

Failed to Raise network interfaces

#1 Post by jdgr00 »

Hi
When booting Debian 9 I get the following message - but I do CAN connect to WiFi

Code: Select all

[FAILED] Failed to start Raise network interfaces.
 See 'systemctl status networking.service' for details

The output of systemctl status networking.service

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/networking.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2017-08-27 21:30:49 CST; 6min ago
     Docs: man:interfaces(5)
  Process: 414 ExecStart=/sbin/ifup -a --read-environment (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
  Process: 399 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c [ "$CONFIGURE_INTERFACES" != "no" ] && [ -n "$(ifquery --read-environment --list --exc
 Main PID: 414 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
This is my /etc/network/interfaces.d/setup

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
and ip link shows:

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
2: enp2s0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 54:ab:3a:ed:ee:92 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
3: wlp3s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP mode DORMANT group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 84:ef:18:e0:51:b4 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
Made some changes to /etc/network/interfaces.d/setup but ended up with "starjobs running" with the same result, failed to raise network interfaces. So not sure what exactly I need to change :| :?: