Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Error with bluez when updating system

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
tanguero

Error with bluez when updating system

#1 Post by tanguero »

Hi, all:

I'm running Jessie, and when I ran an update today, I received an error when bluez was trying to update:

Code: Select all

Setting up bluez (5.23-2+deb8u1) ...
Job for bluetooth.service failed. See 'systemctl status bluetooth.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
invoke-rc.d: initscript bluetooth, action "restart" failed.
dpkg: error processing package bluez (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
systemctl status bluetooth.service reveals:

Code: Select all

● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2017-09-27 22:56:11 EDT; 11s ago
     Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
  Process: 30438 ExecStart=/usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 30438 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Sep 27 22:56:11 abc.xyz.com bluetoothd[30438]: Bluetooth daemon 5.23
Sep 27 22:56:11 abc.xyz.com bluetoothd[30438]: Failed to access management interface
Sep 27 22:56:11 abc.xyz.com bluetoothd[30438]: Adapter handling initialization failed
Sep 27 22:56:11 abc.xyz.com systemd[1]: bluetooth.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Sep 27 22:56:11 abc.xyz.com systemd[1]: Failed to start Bluetooth service.
Sep 27 22:56:11 abc.xyz.com systemd[1]: Unit bluetooth.service entered failed state.
This machine doesn't have bluetooth, so I don't need bluez, but it's required by gnome so I can't remove it. Any ideas on what is causing this or what to do to fix it?

Thanks.

pylkko

Re: Error with bluez when updating system

#2 Post by pylkko »

maybe just disable bluetooth entirely. or at least mask bluetooth.service

tanguero

Re: Error with bluez when updating system

#3 Post by tanguero »

pylkko wrote:maybe just disable bluetooth entirely. or at least mask bluetooth.service
That did it. I just stopped and disabled the service with systemctl. It was able to update then.

Thanks.