Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

NAS disks powersaving

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
audiolover

NAS disks powersaving

#1 Post by audiolover »

I want to configure my NAS that it shuts down for a specific period of the day. The problem is: when I start Debian if the NAS is shutdown, it keeps looking for this NAS as it cannot reconnect to the networkdrives. Is there a setting, for example in FSTAB, to let Debian try once or twice to connect and if it does not succeed to continue with the start-up?
I run Debian Stretch.

steve_v
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

Re: NAS disks powersaving

#2 Post by steve_v »

You probably want the 'nofail' and 'x-systemd.device-timeout' fstab options.
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Official GNOME Policy.

audiolover

#3 Post by audiolover »

I am testing a new configuration
in fstab now. Will report results.

audiolover

#4 Post by audiolover »

I successfully solved the problem bij adding the "nofail" option to fstab. I had to add a "time-out" option to make it work correctly:

192.xxx.xxx.3:/pics /mnt/nas_pics nfs defaults,nofail,x-systemd.device-timeout=1 0 0

Only issue was that by doing this the mountpoint /mnt/nas/pics is no longer "owned" by me as user but owned by ROOT so I had to use CHOWN to correct this.

Now when the NAS is in sleepmode the boottime of my pc is normal, when the NAS is up and running I only need to access the mountpoint, press F5 to renew and hey presto!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction steve_v!