Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Debian 9: glxgears:i386 on 64 bit system.

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
bw123

Re: Debian 9: glxgears:i386 on 64 bit system.

#16 Post by bw123 »

Glxgears is the most simple program to check the 3d funtionality on my machine. I'm not interested in any benchmark. At the moment I have no working 3D with program @ 32 bit.
Some help?
Since glxgears is a simple program, and it is not working @ 32bit, my guess would be that the problem isn't with glxgears.
Because you have an Nvidia GPU, you should install libgl1-glvnd-nvidia-glx and libglx0-glvnd-nvidia and all the dependencies, and also libglew needed by glxgears@32 bit.

How to add the i386 repos: https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/HOWTO

dpkg --add-architecture i386
apt-get update
apt-get install package:i386
The sentence you wrote beginning with, "Because you have an Nvidia GPU,..." is not found on the link you provided to the debian wiki on multiarch. If you are following a guide, you should provide the link.

apt-get install package:i386 really? is that what you typed? You need to provide the information asked to get a good answer, not a generic answer, or some advice you found on the net with no link.

If you keep it up Garry will have someone teach you to ask a smart question.
resigned by AI ChatGPT

frank38

[Solved] Re: Debian 9: glxgears:i386 on 64 bit system.

#17 Post by frank38 »

Well, problem solved.
First, I uninstalled all the Nvidia stuffs to check if glxgears@32-bit and glxinfo@32-bit worked with the Nouveau driver: they worked. Then, I downloaded from Nvidia the Linux driver (I chose the version 384.111) and installed: I got both program running.