Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Assemble and mount RAID array at boot

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Toxiro

Assemble and mount RAID array at boot

#1 Post by Toxiro »

Hi,

since I am not able to use the default mdadm auto-assembling (see here and here, also someone at linux-raid told me that this is most probably a bug with the journal function), I try to write my own script to assemble and mount my RAID array at boot.

Is an init.d script that starts and mounts or unmounts and stops the array the right way to go?

I want the array to be assembled and mounted as soon as possible and unmounted as late as possible, because other services (MySQL) use it, how do I achieve that? As far as I understand I cannot use /etc/fstab for mounting, because the array will not be assembled when fstab is loaded.

Do I even have to take care of unmounting and stopping or will this work automatically, even if it was not started automatically?