Black screen after pssword entry pause50 sec then destop KDE

Kernels & Hardware, configuring network, installing services

Re: Black screen after pssword entry pause50 sec then destop

Postby sunrat » 2017-12-23 22:13

Buster Alpha 2 is a release of the installer, not a distro alpha release. These installer pre-releases have been known to be buggy.
https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-ins ... 7/20171206

You will most likely need to install firmware-amd-graphics for your Radeon card to work properly. If you haven't done that, it is a probable cause for your issue.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!
sunrat

Postby Data007 » 2017-12-24 00:52

sunrat wrote:Buster Alpha 2 is a release of the installer, not a distro alpha release. These installer pre-releases have been known to be buggy.
https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-ins ... 7/20171206

You will most likely need to install firmware-amd-graphics for your Radeon card to work properly. If you haven't done that, it is a probable cause for your issue.

Thanks for the clarification about Buster.

As I want to get to the bottom off the problem and thus help others I will but only give it small mention. You Mention about installing the apprepiate drivers for my
Amd/ATI Radseon card this I belive I have done, I have attempted to follow this guide
https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-amdgpu-drivers-on-debian-9-stretch-linux
The output visual on screen is perfect apart from one minor flaw.`
I enclose a post from the STEAM forums from where I have also gotten some advice on installing steam(Steam wanted for the chat interface only not necessarily the games)
Please, try to only share: glxinfo | grep OpenGL

In the other hand, what is your current problem? By the output you have mesa drivers properly installed. The only "bad" thing is that mesa 13 is a little old, so it may be better to update to mesa 17.2, at least. Is that what you want?

I would be instrested in some help as to how to upgrade/install a better MESA.............. I cant get the "glxinfo | grep OpenGL" command to work this time round this being a more recent build
to try and get arround this black screen of (dare I say death) that is plauging KDE.

It has been reported in one youtubers reports all over the internet. Is there a way to affect change this "Black Menu" pause that initial'y started for 5 sec and them moved on to 50sec pause.
ACTUAL time measured by a stop watch.

I have done the drivers I would then ususly moving on to adding a single line to my login experience.
Could you post your

cat /etc/sddm.conf

[Autologin]
Relogin=false
Session=
User=

<snip>

Append

plasma.desktop

to

Session =

I usually apply the fix of adding the extra plasma desktop line to give the login screen a needed face lift(the outcome is only a slight cosmetic one). I have also gone down the lines off installing a different lauch theam to the one included Kde breeze dark, before. I have strayed away from the two tweaks so far in the hopes of avoiding "Black screen Login"

I am a youtuber "Steve Does Linux" is the channel name I know it is possible to replace again ins-total this "Black screen" allowing one to graphically have clocks on the login screen and so on I again have resisted looking into these areas to.

How to Avoid Fix this Black screen issue. ANYONE
Data007

Postby Data007 » 2017-12-24 01:17

Hi
Just for the record I know longer have the blacksreen issu's nor do I have the sddm.conf file anymore.
--
Steve Does Linux <==youtube
Data007

Previous

Return to System configuration