Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Black screen after pssword entry pause50 sec then destop KDE

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Black screen after pssword entry pause50 sec then destop

#16 Post by sunrat »

Buster Alpha 2 is a release of the installer, not a distro alpha release. These installer pre-releases have been known to be buggy.
https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-ins ... 7/20171206

You will most likely need to install firmware-amd-graphics for your Radeon card to work properly. If you haven't done that, it is a probable cause for your issue.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

Data007

#17 Post by Data007 »

sunrat wrote:Buster Alpha 2 is a release of the installer, not a distro alpha release. These installer pre-releases have been known to be buggy.
https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-ins ... 7/20171206

You will most likely need to install firmware-amd-graphics for your Radeon card to work properly. If you haven't done that, it is a probable cause for your issue.
Thanks for the clarification about Buster.

As I want to get to the bottom off the problem and thus help others I will but only give it small mention. You Mention about installing the apprepiate drivers for my
Amd/ATI Radseon card this I belive I have done, I have attempted to follow this guide
https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install- ... etch-linux
The output visual on screen is perfect apart from one minor flaw.`
I enclose a post from the STEAM forums from where I have also gotten some advice on installing steam(Steam wanted for the chat interface only not necessarily the games)
Please, try to only share: glxinfo | grep OpenGL

In the other hand, what is your current problem? By the output you have mesa drivers properly installed. The only "bad" thing is that mesa 13 is a little old, so it may be better to update to mesa 17.2, at least. Is that what you want?
I would be instrested in some help as to how to upgrade/install a better MESA.............. I cant get the "glxinfo | grep OpenGL" command to work this time round this being a more recent build
to try and get arround this black screen of (dare I say death) that is plauging KDE.

It has been reported in one youtubers reports all over the internet. Is there a way to affect change this "Black Menu" pause that initial'y started for 5 sec and them moved on to 50sec pause.
ACTUAL time measured by a stop watch.

I have done the drivers I would then ususly moving on to adding a single line to my login experience.
Could you post your

cat /etc/sddm.conf

[Autologin]
Relogin=false
Session=
User=

<snip>

Append

plasma.desktop

to

Session =
I usually apply the fix of adding the extra plasma desktop line to give the login screen a needed face lift(the outcome is only a slight cosmetic one). I have also gone down the lines off installing a different lauch theam to the one included Kde breeze dark, before. I have strayed away from the two tweaks so far in the hopes of avoiding "Black screen Login"

I am a youtuber "Steve Does Linux" is the channel name I know it is possible to replace again ins-total this "Black screen" allowing one to graphically have clocks on the login screen and so on I again have resisted looking into these areas to.

How to Avoid Fix this Black screen issue. ANYONE

Data007

#18 Post by Data007 »

Hi
Just for the record I know longer have the blacksreen issu's nor do I have the sddm.conf file anymore.
--
Steve Does Linux <==youtube