Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

No longer able to connect to server!

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
PCSportswear

No longer able to connect to server!

#1 Post by PCSportswear »

Hello, Thanks for looking at my post, I'm in dire need of some help!

I can no longer mount my network server drive on our Debian Print Work Station!

My company recently switched to a new Large Format Rip Software (Caldera). I originally set it up on a Mac I had, but it was much too slow to run efficiently. So I built a nice powerful machine to install run the software on the suggested Linux os, Debian.

The computer is currently running the latest version of Debian and originally I could easily connect to our server by just finding it in the network tab and double clicking the server and punching in the login credentials.

I also had no problems using Mount Tool to more permanently mount the drive. Everything was working great for about 2 months, I could restart the computer and the server drive would automatically connect perfectly. I recently had to restart our server for an update (Which is really just a Windows 10 computer). After which every computer which vary from different OS from xp - vm's - windows - mac all had no problems reconnecting, but for some reason I cannot get the Debian computer to connect again for the life of me!!

When I try to connect through the Network Map, I get an error that says:
"Unable to mount location
Failed to retrieve share list from server: Connection timed out."

When I try to connect through Mount Tool, I get these two errors:
1st error "An error has occurred. Please check your server configuration."
2nd error "protocol negotiation failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET"

I should also mention, it's having no problems talking to a few other Windows Machine's on the network that also have shared folders.

I also didn't have a problem pinging the two computers IP's through the network. (I could ping the windows 10 computer server through Terminal on the Debian machine, and I could ping the Debian computer through CMD on the windows server)

A little background about my skill level with Linux/Windows. I am some what familiar with Ubuntu, I had a home computer that ran it for a couple of years. However I never really did any networking with it or used it for anything more than watching videos etc. I have set up several servers and have been a Windows/Mac tech for quite sometime.

So while I am pretty computer literate, I would definitely say I am a pretty big Debian noob. :oops:

Any help would be beyond amazing! This is slowing down our production a lot as we have to download the files onto a flash drive and then transfer them onto the printer computer.

Again thanks in advance!!