Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Network profiles and easy switching

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
panacync

Network profiles and easy switching

#1 Post by panacync »

Hello there.

I've got a laptop for my work, setting up wireless links and networks. I plug it every time in different networks and I need different IPs, subnets and gateway on every network.
On windows I've got a program NetSetMan, I've got profiles, and switch them easily from 10.0.0.x to 10.20.100.x, to DHCP if needed or any other subnet like 192.168.1.x 192.168.88.x or 192.xxxx.

Anyway,
I give every profile a name "DHCP-Ethernet, DHCP-Wifi, 192.168.1.12-Ethernet, Mikrotik-Ethernet (for 192.168.88.x) and so on. So I switch easily from profile to profile LAN or WIFI.

Is there a way to do this on debian the same way ? Having profiles, or scripts and switch networks on tha lan card and the wifi card more easily and fast ?

Thorny

Re: Network profiles and easy switching

#2 Post by Thorny »

You should mention what you are using on Debian to connect. If you are using Network Manager, it can remember them after the first connect and you can rename them to what you want.