Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Tap button on a Acer Swift.

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Coline

Tap button on a Acer Swift.

#1 Post by Coline »

Hello,

My touchpad works pretty well on Debian Stretch LXDE but on Jessie or before, I used synclient but it's not in xserver-xorg-input-libinput. So, I'm looking for some good solutions to make the Tap Button work.
  • The touchpad works well beside that.
  • I don't know any software for tweaking the touchpad. I used synclient before, it worked well.
  • I can use the buttons (they work), i can scroll with two fingers.
Thanks for your help ! :)

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Tap button on a Acer Swift.

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Either read

Code: Select all

man libinput
and post back if you need help with 40-libinput.conf

Or go back to synclient:

# apt install xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
I seem to remember that stretch will use synaptics automatically if it is installed ;)
deadbang

Coline

#3 Post by Coline »

Thanks a lot. I saw the doc and the man about that but is it a "good solution" ? I don't really know how to ask differently. Sometime, I tweak things and I don't really know if it's okay or not...:D

EDIT : I searched a lot in the man and on internet, but I couldn't find any clue about the speed of the touchpad...it's really slow. Have you an idea for that ?

Head_on_a_Stick

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Coline wrote:is it a "good solution" ?
Only you can decide that.

There is no "problem" (that I can see) with switching back to synaptics, that's what I use at the moment.

For touchpad speed, is there an option in

man libinput
ProTip: use <Ctrl>+f to open search box in the man page ;)
deadbang

Coline

#5 Post by Coline »

Thanks ! It was the "AccelSpeed" option, the first one in the man...I thought it was the acceleration, not the speed.

But I had a problem : my touchpad stopped work while I was on a website...Nothing special, it just stopped working...I had to reboot.