Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Xorg.conf, InputClass section and calibration

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
JirkaRCK

Xorg.conf, InputClass section and calibration

#1 Post by JirkaRCK »

I have an issue with LCD touch screen calibration. I have installed xorg and matchbox-window-manager. I would like to calibrate my touch LCD. I have tried xinput_calibrator. It worked fine and gave me output like that:

Code: Select all

Section "InputClass"
       Driver "libinput"
       MatchProduct "ar1021 I2C Touchscreen"
       Identifier      "calibration"
       Option  "MinX"  "1611"
       Option  "MaxX"  "63760"
       Option  "MinY"  "5234"
       Option  "MaxY"  "62213"
       Option  "SwapXY"        "0" # unless it was already set to 1
       Option  "InvertX"       "0"  # unless it was already set
       Option  "InvertY"       "0"  # unless it was already set
EndSection
I have added this section into my /etx/X11/xorg.conf file. But without any result. I have been searching through forums and found this another option for section InputClass: Option "TransformationMatrix" "1.08 0.0 -0.04 0.0 1.2 -0.12 0.0 0.0 1.0"

This TransformationMatrix works well, but I don't know how to recalculate MinMax XY output to this matrix (would not like to do it manually). My questions are:
- Why my xorg do not accept Min/Max X/Y format of InputClass section?
- Is there any way how to recalculate this output into the TransformationMatrix automaticly? (xinput_calibrator parameter or some console utility)

Many thanks in advance.

bw123

Re: Xorg.conf, InputClass section and calibration

#2 Post by bw123 »

Have you checked the man page for libinput? Those options don't appear supported but there may be another way to calibrate with that driver.

This page says "recommended evdev touchscreen driver" for this tool.
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Softwa ... alibrator/
resigned by AI ChatGPT