Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Play audio via pc speaker

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
silver007

Play audio via pc speaker

#1 Post by silver007 »

When I had Mint installed (17.x) everything played through my pc speaker as I have no external speakers on this pc. It worked great because I simply wired up a 'real' speaker to the pc speaker feed. It has a decent amount of power actually.

This does not work with Stretch. The closest I've gotten is very faint audio with crackling after loading snd-pcsp and maxing all volumes. When I select this pcsp module in alsamixer, it lists a Master volume and a Beep volume. The Beep volume will not move. It's stuck on 00. Maybe that's the problem?

How can I get Debian/alsa/pulse/whatever to send all audio to the pc speaker correctly?

It's an old ibm thinkcentre desktop.
Debian 8.6.0
xfce4
2.70Ghz I5
4GB RAM
120GB SSD

silver007

Re: Play audio via pc speaker

#2 Post by silver007 »

Uninstalled PulseAudio now I get sound.
Debian 8.6.0
xfce4
2.70Ghz I5
4GB RAM
120GB SSD

Bulkley

Re: Play audio via pc speaker

#3 Post by Bulkley »

Never heard of using the pc speaker but I don't see why not. With Stretch you need to look at Pulse Audio Volume Control which handles much of what used to be set in Alsa Mixer.

Edit: Our posts overlapped. I see you got it running. You can ignore what I said.